5 hot topics to include in your cybersecurity awareness program
You've heard me say this before, and I'm saying it again… your cybersecurity awareness program needs to be built with purpose. When you build your program with purpose, your program will be different from mine, Bill's, and Sally's.
There are some topics that every cybersecurity awareness program needs to address, and I've got
5 HOT TOPICS YOU NEED TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PROGRAM
- Building a culture of cybersecurity – it's YOUR responsibility
- Cybersecurity isn't just my responsibility. It' isn't everyone else's responsibility. It's YOUR responsibility. Each person in your business makes a difference, and everyone needs to be invested in creating and maintaining a secure environment, and it starts with culture.
- Humans are the key to defending your business
- Tell your humans that they matter to you and why they matter.
- Social engineering
- Tell your humans what social engineering is, why it's being used, and how it's being used against them
- Phishing Emails
- Phishing emails are the #1 way attackers get into your business. If you're not talking phishing emails, then you've got a gap. Raising awareness is more than just sending phishing email tests to your employees. You need to talk about them, show them examples, and share how to catch that phish.
- Keep beating that dead horse. Tell them why passwords matter and the benefits of using a password keeper.
To learn more about social engineering register for my on-demand video training, Social Engineering: The Art of the Click.
Post a Comment