When they're not asking permission
When your cybersecurity department always says no… eventually they’ll stop asking for permission.
WHO IS THEY?
‘They’ are your fellow employees, project managers, business leaders, and executives within your company.
WHAT DO I MEAN BY PERMISSION?
People are smart. Once they discover the answer is always ‘NO’ they’ll simply stop asking. The Cybersecurity department will be excluded from project teams and meetings.
WHAT’S THE WORSE THAT CAN HAPPEN?
- Cybersecurity won’t be built into solutions from the start.
- When cybersecurity gets bolted on later, it’s more expensive, more complicated, and less effective.
- Data becomes accessible to the wrong people.
- You don’t know normal anymore. When you don’t know the approved solutions, it’s 100x more difficult to detect abnormal behavior that’s malicious.
- You’ll be spending extra hours responding to incidents.
HOW CAN YOU LET THE BUSINESS KNOW YOU'RE READY TO LISTEN?
Your cybersecurity awareness program is a great tool that can help you bridge the communication gap between cybersecurity and the rest of your business. Do more than send simulated phishing emails and assign annual training. Develop a plan to get out in front of the people and get to know each other.
Schedule a complimentary discovery session today to find out how to your cybersecurity awareness program can help.
Post a Comment