How to stop saying no
Have you ever tried to find any information on ‘how to stop saying no?’ There’s not a lot out there. Most of the information out there is about the exact opposite problem – 'how to stop saying yes to everything.'
Cybersecurity departments often have a ‘No’ problem. Why? In my experience, we’re a suspicious and risk adverse group. Our knee jerk reaction is always to answer ‘No’. Always saying no creates adversity. When faced with constant adversity, people can suffer from tunnel vision, toxic stress, and rash decisions.
HOW DO WE STOP SAYING NO?
LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS YOU TALK
- People want to be heard
- People want to be understood
- People need to know that they're heard and understood
- When it’s time to talk, summarize what you’re hearing
- Ask open-ended questions to identify their pain
- Discover their why
- Why do they need it?
- What is the impact if approved?
- What is the impact if denied?
RELATE TO THE STAKEHOLDERS
- Don’t fake it
- Feel their pain
- Empathy is a powerful tool
PUT ALL THE OPTIONS ON THE TABLE & EXPLORE
- Explore the risks
- Explore mitigation strategies
- Ask how can we do it securely?
- Ask how can we reduce the risk?
- Are there different products / vendors that offer more secure products?
- Explore phasing in the solution.
- Wait for the vendor to improve the product (Not a no, just not today)
Are you ready to get on the path to yes? Let's chat during a complimentary discovery session.