Data Privacy Day is January 28!
January 28 is Data Privacy Day.
On this day advocates spread awareness about privacy and work to educate others about securing their personal information to protect their privacy. At the same time, we encourage businesses to increase transparency about how they store and use data they collect from customers.
Start OWNING your PRIVACY by:
- Keep tabs on your apps.
- Apps ask for access to a lot of your personal info like your location, contacts, and photos. Before you grant access, decide if the app really needs that info.
- Manage your privacy settings.
- Check the privacy and security settings for the online accounts and apps you use.
- Learn how to manage your privacy settings for most online accounts at staysafeonline.org/stay-safe-online/managing-your-privacy/manage-privacy-settings/
Businesses can protect their customer's privacy by:
- Be transparent about how you collect, use, and share your customers' personal information.
- If you collect it, protect it. Implement security to keep employee and customer information safe from unauthorized access.
- Review how your partners and vendors handle personal info. If someone provides services for you, you are also responsible for how they collect and use that information.
What steps are you taking this year to increase your privacy stance? Comment below.
Silicon Prairie Cyber Services LLC is proud to be a Data Privacy Champion.